I think I made a big newbie mistake at a show yesterday. Had not been in the show five minutes and a guy walked by with a MKIII for sale. He had a 1917 BSA all matching with a mirrow shiny bore. This was the cleanest Enfield of any model I have seen in the last few months since I started collecting. The gent was asking $289.00. The thing that made me hesitate was the magazine literally rattled in the mag well it was so loose. It held firm from front to rear but had a lot of movement from side to side. I had never handled a Enfield that had that issue. I told the guy that I would look around a little and find him If I decided to haggle later. Mean while I spoke with some seasoned Enfield guys that said buy as the loose mag issue was an easy fix. Well I looked all over to find the dude with the MKIII on his shoulder. In frustration I decided the leave the show and as I started out the door who did bump into? The smiling Englishman who had, yes had (past Tense) the MKIII. He said a few minutes after we talked some young guy came up and bought it. I kicked my own butt all the way home! I was concerned about feed issues with the rifle thus I hesitated on buying it. So fellows, was my concerns legit in the case of Enfield Riflesicon??
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.