Hello all, I just picked up a 1943 Long Branch that had been 'talking' to me for a few weeks at my local shop. I was looking at a few 1903s and 1917 US Enfields as I want to collect the US main battle rifles of the 20th century (for starters...). This Enfield kept jumping out in front of me and since they had a 300rd box of RG 50 in bandoleers to feed it I had to take it home. It appears to be all original with strap and bayonet.
As I am prone to do, after a few hours of ownership I completely dismantled it (even machined a bolt disassembly tool, cleaned and blued all the bare spots and cleaned, stained and oiled the stock.
I'm hoping to get to the range this week with a friend and his newly acquired Savage LE... also born in '43.
She looks happy in the safe getting to know the Garands and M14s.
First question; what is the proper finish for the magazine? Mine had no finish left so I parkerized it to protect it but I can change that at will. I went over the park with 000 steel wool to produce a smooth satin black/gray finish.

Cheers!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.