Hello All. I am currently deployed with the USAF, but before I left, I loaded my laptop up with pics of a SA Model 1903 I inherited recently. I have no intention of selling the gun, so I don't care really about its value. However, it does appear to be quite a nice Model 1903, and it appears to be a nra sporter. However, based on research i have already done, the fact that it lacks a barrel band, and being that the front sight is not standard, I am not 100% sure if its an original NRA sporter. It has a star gauged barrel, and the serial number on the top of the receiver matches the bolt's stenciled serial number. The front of the barrel shows it was produced in 1 -32. Serial number is 1406882. The stock also lacks a circle P on it. However, a knowledgable guy at a gun show informed me that based on what he saw, the gun appeared to be either 100% original, or at least "period correct", based on the grade/stain of the wood, its lack of signs/markings indicating it was modified, etc. So I am attaching some pics and hoping for some informative feedback. Thanks!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.