Just picked this up today at the Hamburg gunshow. Went in looking for an Mosin Nagant M91, but ended up leaving with an Arisakaicon, ha!

Here are the facts from my brief research i just did. I bought it without knowing much about Japanese rifles, but it looked like a nice piece.

-Nagoya 5th series, serial number 31495
-Dust cover, AA sights, and cleaning rod (no monopod but I believe this is correct for the series)
-Intact mum
-Decent bore with some darkness to it, but I haven't tried to clean it out yet
-All matching I believe (bolt, bayonet lug, firing pin, dust cover)

Only con.........someone messed with the stock. They put some kind of polyurethane coating or something over it. Not sure what I should do about that if anything. Probably will just leave it be for now.

Listed for $325, but I took it for $300. Not sure if that's a deal, but it seemed like a nice piece. On the way out another dealer noticed me and said he happened to by an Arisaka for $325. Didn't catch who the maker was, but it had the monopod and AA sights.

Anyway what do you guys think? I'm pretty excited to finally own a Japanese WWII era rifle!

My friend had this Rising Sun Japanese flag, so I couldn't resist, ha!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.