A couple of hundred spare mil-surp rounds came with an Enfield & bits that I bought. Described as 8 x 57 Mauser. I broke down one round, bullet is .323 diameter, weighs 154 grains, spire point, full metal jacket. Powder is 49 grains of square flakes, berdan primer, sealed. Case mic's out to match trimmed 8 x 57. Here's a photo:

http://rallred.smugmug.com/Other/8-x...56_QAVBp-M.jpg

The rounds are in brass stripper clips of 5 each, and all contained, 2 clips per pocket, 7 pockets per bandoleer, in four light weight bandoleers. The blue bandoleers have metal buttons and button holes, the tan bandoleers are of "over fold" style, with no button fasteners. All bandoleers have simple tie-straps, no buckles, etc.

More photos here:

8 x 57 Mauser - RAllreds Photos

I cannot make sense of the head stamps, but some of them bear what looks like a 1937 date.

Can anyone help me identify and value these rounds, clips & bandoleers? I would prefer to buy a good condition rifle to shoot them in, but if I am not able to find one for reasonable cost, would like to sell the ammo.

Any suggestions as to what they might be worth?

Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.