I have an M1917 (Remington receiver, mostly Eddystone parts) that used to be my father's, and it hasn't been shot in over a decade and also has been stored in a cool but relatively dry basement. I finally got a chance to thoroughly clean and inspect it the other day, and while the metal is okay the stock appears to be in fair condition. Some small chunks fell out of the inletting (there was moisture inside which also caused some minor rusting that I had to take care of), but worse yet I discovered this fine crack that extends back about an inch or so. There also was a crack between the ring that the receiver screw passes through and the long oval inletting that's in front of it. I'm not sure if these cracks were from the last time it was shot, or if it's due to the less than ideal storage. In any event, any guesses on whether or not the crack is a big deal or if I should now be on the lookout for a replacement stock? I want to get this old girl back on the firing line but also don't want to risk damaging it further if a new stock is going to be difficult to find.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.