Hello all,

Today I was at the small gunshop in my neighborhood and it was cleaning day. The owner was giving different odds and ends away to get them out of there. I was givin an old rifle stock because he knows Im one of the few around that collects military firearms. Its is an old stock in pretty darn good shape, but nobody really knew what it was for. He told me he thought it was off of a 1903 but I had my doubts. It is almost certainally US, but I dont think a 1903. It has a small cartouche in the but area that is faint. There is a marking disk in the rifle wich makes me think it is WWI or older. There is a small "B" in a circle stamped in the pistol grip. There are two seperate 4 digit numbers stamped just below the rear sling swivel. There is a 4 digit number stamped in the bbl channel. There is a small symbol resembeling an "a" or possibly the alpha symbol stamped on most of the metal parts (rear swivel, cross bolt and butplate). There is a rack number painted on the butstock that reads "41" in blue. All metal parts appear to be there with the exception of the rear swivel. Please refer to the pictures below. Please let me know if you have any ideas what it might be for. I always come here first instead of searching the internet because you guys are full of great info. Thanks to any that may help.

mdrim13

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.