I don't know much about the L42A1's. Recently I aquired a nice L42A1. It has some problems, but all things considered the price was more than right. The basic rifle is in excellent+ condition, shows very little wear and retains 96/98%of the original finish. The bore is perfect. The receiver is from an original No.4 Mk.1 T dated 1945 and has all the correct T markings plus the L42A1 designation on the left receiver rail. The scope mount is an original , but don't know if it's original to this rifle. The scope is a No.78 Mk.1 and is marked 99-960-6970, 12372/87. Scope is in excellent condition with clear optics. The original magazine is missing. On a whim I stuck in a mag from a Ishapore A1. It slides right in and latches and it feeds pretty good. No ejection of course but looks like it could be modified to work if nothing else available. The old numbers on the butt and forearm are barley readable and do not match the receiver. No rear sight. My questions are:
1. Is the scope correct.
2. Should the scope mount be numberd to the receiver.
3. Are there any correct mags available.
4. Should the stocks have matching numbers.
5. Should it have a rear sight or were they eliminated on the L42A1
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.