... at least that is what my wife said when I touched mine off behind the house a short time ago. If I can get the ole girl to shoot the way I need and in a safe condition... she should be a real interesting piece on the line at Camp Perry this August.

I have a FMP marked BSA No5 Mk I, that I was test firing behind the house earlier. I didn't want the hassle of cleaning up after using corrosive ammo, so I grabbed a box of Sellier Bellot (180gr FMJ) I had purchased awhile back at a local shop. I fired eight rounds... I had a couple of cratered primers, and then everything looked good, nice dented primers, then on the eighth shot... WOW... the ole girl kicked like a mule... boogered up my thumb... and when I looked at the case, the primer had backed out a tad with a small puncture.

I'm not sure whether it's a headspace issue, or if the ammo is the issue. Some rounds kick... some don't... very inconsistant. Has anyone else used or had issues w/ S&B ammo in the green box w/ a gold end?

Any suggestions are appreciated... Thank You!

"THIS WE'LL DEFEND!"
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.