So, as a history nut and C&R fan, I am torn. I picked up a Mosin, not too long ago, at a gun show for a cheap price. I got the gun for right around $75 because the proprietor felt like the stock was in terrible condition. I'll admit, the stock is rough, its been beat up, thrown around, and looks like someone tried to stain a part of it. The kicker? The barrel and bore are in near perfect condition. Everything mechanical seems to function perfectly. The dilemma begins with the fact that I live in white tail country, Texas, and never have had money for a deer rifle (namely because I spend my money on C&R guns). So, I ask, should I replace the stock and use it for hunting? IF so, that raises another question, I found a sniper bent-bolt that I am almost positive will work. So I could mount a scope but in Texas you can shoot most deer using iron sights. I still do not know how I feel about sporterizing. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.