Attachment 36672Attachment 36673I’m glad to see there are others out there that truly appreciate the pre-WW1 contract built Mausers. Alamo308 you have a couple nice examples there. I especially like the walnut grain in the 1895 Chilean. The Mauser factory had to work to get the contracts for their rifles. They built works of art. The finest military bolt rifles ever built are the 1908 Brazilian and the 1909 Peruvianicon. The 1909 Argentine are also quite nice and maybe a little easier to find in high condition these days. TJmoore and Patrick Chadwick point out the differences in the 1895 and the 1898 actions. The 95 is so gracefully slender and handles so well, yet the 98 in 7mm shoots smooth due to the added weight and the perfection of the design of the cartridge itself. The 1908 Brazilian is my favorite of all these. I can’t imagine what it would cost in todays dollars to build these again. I would like to share photos of my Brazilian, I bought sold and traded many to finally come across this one. Notice how the receiver, bolt and inner workings were left in the white, yet the bolt release lever and the sight slide were a magical deep violet blue.