This Springfield was my grandfather's. I remember gazing at it on his wall when I was a lot younger than I am now! In fact, it's one of the VERY first rifles I ever fired when I was a nipper, and I remember it being like a cannon. Anyway, my dad has it now, and I'm doing a little research on it for him. The serial # is 27211*, and I wondered if anyone could shed some light on the year of manufacture. I cannot find a decent list online of SNs. Apparently, yeeaars ago, my grandfather painted the metal black, and that is now coming off. Whenever the time comes for me to become it's caretaker, I might remove the rest. Maybe not. If you'll notice, the buttstock has a strange stain on it. It has been speculated for many years that its a blood stain. But, who can say..this rifle is no doubt a part of the family, and I believe she deserves to be found out some. Hope you guys enjoy the pics!

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.