Learned Enfield members,
I am looking to add a No4(T) to the safe to keep my Nagant sniper company. I have recently bought a Tele Sight Type 31 which looks to be in very good nick, I plan on having a Zeiss trained and qualified optical restorer look it over and give it a service/clean.
I have bought a set of the reproduction pads & mount sourced from Numeric Arms. These should arrive soon.
As for the basis of the rig, I have a Savage No4 Mk1 which was sold out of service from the NZ Mounted Rifles, in an 'unfired' condition. The buyer put a few mil rounds through it after buying from a stock agent many, many years ago. He cleaned the bore and rifle and then stored it away as he felt it was too big for the roos he was culling at that time. Whereby, many years later it has come into my possession.
I've been directed to a gunsmithing business in Tasmania, Australiaicon, to have the lot assembled and accurized.
Talking to the 'smith at Island Accuracy, I've learnt that the Savage No4's were set up as snipers without scopes.
I'm only just starting to research the 4(T) and am keen to hear what advice, information that you all may have. Thanks in advance.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.