Hi, I recently purchased this rifle. At the time I had no idea what it was I just liked the look of it and it seemed to be of very good quality. The seller had no information on the rifle. I have done a bit of digging and I think it is a Carl Gustav made Jarmann rifle. I am looking for any one that can confirm this or provide any insight. The rifle has apparently been sportized at some point in its life but the job was very well done. The bolt, receiver and butt plate all have a matching 3 digit serial number but it looks like it was re-barreled and the wood was shortened at some point.

The barrel is rifled and about 27 3/4 inches long. The overall rifle is 49 1/4 inches. The action is crisp and appears to function perfectly. The whole thing looks like it has been reblued and refinished but not recently.

I don't even know if the caliber is original or if it has been changed at some point. Any information regarding this rifle would be welcome. I have not been able to find out very much and I am starting to think this may be a fairly rare rifle.

Please see pictures below:

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.