Threaded View

Last On
    @
    Local Date
    06-05-2024
    Local Time
    07:38 PM

Izhevsk 1914 M1891

Was plundering in the ''junk'' room at my buddies pawn shop last week and found this but it got trumped by a Winchester 92 I spied laying on a pile of boxes at the foot of the stairwell. Before I left I made some rubbings of the markings for later analysis and it turns out this is a well traveled old rifle so bright and early this a.m. I went back and got it. In addition to being a 1914 Izhevsk it has Austrian(AZF), Finn(SA) and I believe Bulgarian(Circle B) property markings. The handgard is missing and the bore is dark but cosmetically it's in quite good shape for a 99 yo rifle. It functions perfectly and shoots straight. All serial no.'s match and other than the bolt body all marked metal parts have the Izhevsk symbol. Most are the pre '28 stlye. The stock markings are very faint so I'm not sure whether it's of Russianicon or Germanicon origins. Take a look and tell me what you think.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to vintage hunter For This Useful Post: