Does anybody shoot the M1981 Argentineicon Mauser? I've had two. The first one was sporterized and scope mounted by my friend & his dad. When he was raising some money for another rifle about 25 years ago I bought it from him for $125, scope included. Great deer rifle, flat shooting & accurate. A few years ago I gave the rifle to my son. Well, about two years ago I wanted another one and bought my current un-sporterized M1891 for $185 which I thought was a little high. But, I see on gun broker the prices they're asking and a guy at the local gun show has had one for sale for $285 (maybe that's why he still has it). I have at least two hundred casings for it & I like the fact that you can form new casings from 30 '06 shells. Ten years ago or so I could find loaded Norma rounds for $10 or $12 but not anymore. Midway has it listed for $39.49!!! My current rifle shoots fine but the "V" notch sight is a bear for my eyes to use (need younger eyes!).

I've posted some photos of my rifle, all the numbers match except for the bayonet (the picture of the bolt number didn't turn out well). And yes the crest has been scrubbed on the receiver and bayonet. The number on the cleaning rod is very difficult to see.

Let's hear from Argentine Mauser collectors & shooters. Doesn't matter if you have an M1891, M1909 or whatever. Let's see what you've got.

P.S. I've got the hand guard but I haven't wanted to dismantle the rifle to install it.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.