First off, apologies if this sounds all to familiar to some, but I felt I should post this here nonetheless. I recently acquired a 190(4?questionable last digit) lee enfield that was converted at Parker Hale to no 2 mk 4 in 1949. It has the code m192 on nox form. It also has the dreaded ZF painted on left side of butt, as well as some type of logo on right side - aqua center outlined in yellow- might be totally irrelevant.
It has been test fired in isolation chamber with 5 rounds and brass appears normal. Locking lugs appear to mating properly but I do not have the proper gauges nor armourers knowledge to rule out worn lugs. As stated from a member who I believe was quoting Mr Laidlericon if there is a sploge of red paint on left side of forend near receiver sidewall then this indicates armourers mark of worn lugs. There is indeed a small line if red paint in that area , yet there are a few dabs of it elsewhere on rifle as well as dabs of yellow and aqua from other paint.
However the small line of red paint is just below a questionable area of the receiver that bends slightly inward and shows corresponding wear inside receiver where the bolt rubs against this slight bulge. The bolt also shows wear in the form of obvious shine where it rubs this area when locking up.
I have read many of Mr. Laidler's articles on ZF marked rifles and quite a few heated threads from this forum and Gunboards forum on ZF , yet I have come across nothing as for ZF markings on a trainer.
As this pertains to a .22 cal vs 303 should there be any less amount of caution being a 22 or should it be treated the same regardless and kept as historic wall hanger or parts gun?
Thanks to all who have helped me on this matter previously, and any new input would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.