OK So I'll do my best to keep this to the point. My grandfather passed down a 1922 to me, which I know nothing about. I'm a modern guns mostly rifle pistol. I've been researching this for 2 days and came across this forum (and Herschels name) a couple of times. I've included a bunch of pictures of what I think might be relevant.

This all started because this gun has a broken ejector. Looks like grandpa probably tried to TIG it once upon a time. In trying to find a new one, I've learned a little.

I think the pictures say everything. It was drilled for a scope as you can see, has checkered backstrap, no letter in serial number. I also need a magazine for this bad boy, but hear those are a bear to find (and expensive). I cannot seem to find any serial number markings on the bolt.

Here are the pics, Please tell me what I have!!!

OH PS. There is obviously some rust/oxidation build up, a bunch on the bolt, then a little on other metal parts, whats the best way to clean these up? I've only every used solvent and oil on new stuff, but i don't know if i should do something else with this.

Thank you all in advance for your help!!

Attachment 43849Attachment 43850Attachment 43851Attachment 43852Attachment 43853
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.