I am a new collector(less than a year) but my passion runs deep. I used to be a firearms instructor at FlETC (DOJ)and have done quite a bit of shooting, but just learning about these WW2 rifles. I have done a lot of research and have tried reading every forum I could. I know I have learned a lot from Rick the Librarianicon and others on here.
But still not confident I did the right thing. Unfortunately I don't know any collectors down here(South Florida) that know any more. I think I have acquired a great rifle from what I have read but would appreciate any comments and advice.

Its a 1903-A4 everything seems to be correct. I will attach the pics. I Paid 4k after looking for quite some time. I hope I did not get taken... But from prices I saw on the CMPicon auctions and the prices they are getting for scopes .... I could not pass it up.

Cartouche on stock is FJA, and (2) RA. A "Z" and a P underside behind trigger guard. A '1", "7", "T" and a "B" in front of trigger guard on
underside. Barrel marked RA 9-43.
It says it comes with a manual for Rifle, Caliber
.30, M1903A4 (Sniper's) Is This right? Was the 30-06 reffered to .30 I thought they were different??

Sorry for the long post. I do appreciate you taking the time to read this and help out.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.