In another post on down here, I had posted about using a Miller Kodiak Mount to put a scope on my Kragicon. Since then I found a fellow selling a scout mount on ebay that allows you to put a red dot or LER pistol scope on your Krag rifle. 2 of the 6 he had to sell arrived today, and I've attached some pictures. All you do is remove your rear sight and replace it with the mount he is making. For those of you shy on screws, he is even having the odd threaded Krag sight screws made to go with the mounts! It works with the 1901 handguard with no modifications needed, I haven't tried it with other handguards yet. He is also loading the Hornady 150gr BTSP @2300fps and selling them @$118/100rnds. The load appears to bust the myth that short bullets are not accurate in the Krag as he has shot a .45" 50 yard group with the load. After April 1st check him out: Ammunition & Sight Rails for .30-40 Krag Rifles Fellows name is Peter and he restores sporterized Krags.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.