hi guys, new to forum and 1903s. i found a bubba'd a3 with the action already drilled for a scope so its a great canidate for an a4 project. i,ve already found out the new style redfield scope base mounts do not fit the receivers correctly and need to be ground and polished to sit flat on the front of the receiver and to align the scope rings parallel to the bore. i'm a retired machinest and enjoy the challenge. the big problem is the bolt handle, like most builders have. is the correct way of bending the bolt handle , cut it off shape it and bend it as close as possible to an a4 shape, and then clean it up and polish it, then weld it back on the bolt ? i"ve read as much as possible here and other forums, where some say just bend as required to clear the m73 scope tube, but i have the equipment to try to duplicate it as close as i can, and enjoy doing my own machine work. i,ve never seen any real a4s at a gun show, so i can only go by pictures downloaded from the net. been looking forward to this project for some time. took a while to find a complete bubba'd a3. that was'nt sporterized. i'm sure i'll have more questions, and any help will be appriciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.