Thread: As the Long Branches flood in...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    05-24-2021 @ 08:44 AM
    Real Name
    Tom
    Local Date
    06-25-2024
    Local Time
    10:55 AM

As the Long Branches roll in...

They've been coming fast and furious lately...2 months ago I had the same 49 LB I've had for 15 years. Now I have 6 of them...
    41, 42, 43, 44, 49, 50

The 41 is a Whitworth Sporter from Englandicon. Here's the writeup on it from CGNTZ EE.
    Whitworth No 4 Sporter in 303. Assembled post war with surplus parts. (no Enfields were harmed in the production of this rifle) Witworth and Manchester are stamped on the barrel. Action is Long Branch Mk 1, 1941. Early bolt design. Magazine is the proper 5 round "Made in England" stamped on the bottom. Bore is bright and shiny. Wood is VG, metal is VG. The bolt, action and barrel have all matching serial numbers. "56" on barrel indicating year of manufacture. Not drilled and tapped for scope mount. Nice little hunting rig or bush gun. EMT preferred.

I also got a 42 in rather challenged shape, which I've already improved considerably...the barrel is bobbed 1/2", the finish is chipped British black paint and worn original, the s/n has been scrubbed and redone in British...but the price was right and it is a 42. Pics to follow as I think I deleted the ones I had by mistake...

Yesterday, I picked up this 1950. The metal is as new, perfect bluing and a bore that looks like it never fired a round. It is a blued rifle and the s/n is just a few hundred above my 49. (I know of someone with a parked 1950 for sale).
    The wood is a bit beat up, but it's within reason. Numbers match.

Mag in this rifle is a Savage.

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Cantom; 01-14-2007 at 02:58 PM.