I am seriously considering purchasing a 7.65mm Argentineicon Mauser I have seen in a local auction house. The rifle looks to be in good condition and is priced at £450 all in (inc tax & commission). This will be my first foray into Mausers and the more I read about the Argie ones, the more dubious I become. Is it a universal truth with these that they are so deep throated that they only shoot normal spitzer bullets very badly? I have no interest in casting for such a rifle, and buying RNSP bullets for it would be problematical in the UKicon due to the fact that target shooting is not regarded as good reason in order to get the authorisation on the Firearm Certificate to purchase expanding ammo/bullets. I would only be using it for target shooting, and entering some of the HBSA's historic comps at Bisley, so would need something I could at least be competitive with.
I am very tempted by this rifle, it looks lovely, and it uses the same diameter bullets as my .303's, but would I be better off waiting to find a decent 6.5 Swede?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.