I am tinkering with another project and have had this old well sanded fore stock donated to the cause.

It appears to be a Mk.II MLM or MK.I MLE as there is what used to be a clearing rod channel in the front underside, it is now filled with a strip of walnut.The barrel channel has a liner and an SMLE barrel fits. There is a relief for an SMLE rear sight bed and the rear handguard has cutouts for springs that are the same distance apart as those on the SMLE.

Front volley sight cutout has had some wear and tear.

The stock has had some severe sanding over the years. Bit of a problem at the trigger guard inletting.

There is an old armourer's repair on both sides that has let go. It has been sanded so much there is nothing much left of the inletting. The sides of the trigger guard are completely exposed.
I looked in the junk drawer and found a piece of walnut from a sportered SMLE forearm. It had not been sanded too much in the trigger guard area.

After staring at the two pieces of wood for a while, I jigged things up on a flat surface and marked everything off. I stared at it a while longer and then got the saw out.

I cut the damaged area right out hoping to get some real estate to glue a wood patch in place. I cut the corresponding chunk out of the donor stock.

And then spent a while fitting things uppaying great attention around the front trigger guard bushing. This area is important to the stocking up. You can see the six dowels from the old repair by the armourer.

I glued things with cynoacrolate(?) super glue and clamped it up tight.

I shaped things up blending one piece into the other.

So far so good. The stock might have seen better days, it aint pretty but it has a new lease of life and will work for this Frankenfield. I like the look of it already.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.