Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Real Name
    Steve
    Local Date
    06-16-2024
    Local Time
    05:05 AM

Auto Ordnance Thompson Semi-Auto 45

A couple of weeks ago I asked for some advice on these firearms and through a fortunate series of events I was able to purchase one with a steel receiver. This was a Cabelas purchase so with my points I had relatively little out of pocket expenses for this which was also a huge plus.

This is the post war civilian semi-auto version of the WWII production Thompson. I do not believe this particular example was ever fired but it does have some storage marks/dings on the metal. The wood looks brand new. I do plan on firing it so the new condition won't last long.

I suspect this to be an older production rifle but that assumption is just based on the lack of markings that are on the current Kahr Auto Ordnance models.

The wood is very nice, the metal finish is a little rough polish wise. I know very little about these so I took some photos of the action, etc so you can see the differences between this and the originals. This fires from a closed bolt, you can see the firing pin in two of the photos. It's a heavy rifle, it's size is very misleading. No sling came with it but I have a Kerr type on order. In addition to the closed bolt firing, the barrel is lengthened to be legal. This version does not accept the drum magazine and neither did it's military counterpart. Magazines are not interchangeable as made but I've been told the originals can be altered to work in these rifles.

I had hoped to fire it today but was unable to get any range time in. Hopefully soon.

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 6 Members Say Thank You to Aragorn243 For This Useful Post: