Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dickicon View Post
I'm not really. It's just different. Armalite was the first place I checked actually but they no longer have it available. I'm pretty happy with my black rifles. The later Colt six position collapsible stock is a marked improvement too IMHO.
I still curse that collapsible stock. The new C7A2s are all too front heavy (weighing in at 10.5lbs) with none of the weight being distributed back. It makes for really uncomfortable shooting at the range. It also sucks because now I have no where to put my cleaning kit, which from a usage perspective is a big deal for me.

Looking at it from a service perspective, the rifle has now grown as heavy as the battle rifle it replaced (FN-C1), and is unbalanced (making it difficult/uncomfortable to shoot). Apparently they have already figured out what the next iteration of the rifle is, and apparently it is even more front heavy.

Overall the nicest C7 I had the pleasure of using was the original C7 with the carry handle/sight. Weighs in at about 6lbs, more than accurate enough for combat conditions, and I can fit my cleaning kit in the stock. Really quite a shame they don't let us use them anymore.