Just a little tale I thought I would share to those Kragicon collectors out there. About 30 years ago when I was about 12, I was given this bayonet with a metal scabbard. Both were/are in great shape. The bayo said "US" on one side of the blade right by the handle, and "1895" on the other side. I kept it all these years. In February 2007, I started to collect milsurps. About a month ago, I pulled the bayo out of this box that it had been in for the last 25years. I decided that I had enough knowledge now to be able to identify what gun it was made for. After a little research, I found out it is a US 30-40 KRAG bayonet ! The scabbard is intact, even with the belt hanging wires with the swivel set up. I had wondered many times over the years, what gun the bayo was made for. I just thought it was pretty cool I was able to identify this bayo after all these years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.