In recent years I've seen significant numbers of beige green 20 rnd Thompson mags for sale on the U.K. surplus market on a number of occasions. The paint appears to have been professionally applied over the standard blued finish and not done by a bloke with a brush in a shed. I have seen or heard that these green Thompson mags were intended solely for the use of the Britishicon Home Guard but I have not had this confirmed. I have never seen the 30 rnd Thompson mag painted green over the blued finish in this manner.

Is any-one able to, please, confirm that these mags were indeed intended for the Home Guard or perhaps they were painted for other reasons such as additional corrosion resistance???

Have any of our American members seen these green Thompson mags for sale in the states? I believe that many of the 20 rnd mags produced were sent to the U.K. and that they were not manufactured for long before being replaced by the 30 rnd mag.

Thanks for any information.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.