Quote Originally Posted by 22SqnRAE View Post
G'Day Folks,

Just received this absolute gem of a 1941 No 4 Mk 1 Long Branch. Rear sight is a Type 1 with 'circle P' (ROF Poole - post-war production as I understand from Mr Laidlericon's advice...) and no sign of FTR markings. Without stripping the rifle as far as I can tell, the wood and steel work are all matching numbers. Some Base Wksp maintenance has been done, the rear sight is an indication.

Am very keen to learn more about the provenance of this beaut rifle, so by all means let me know the things you do about this one. I am completely smitten by this one and its sitting alongside my '43 Savage from down 'cross the border.

Hope this is of interest.

Attachment 81227Attachment 81228Attachment 81229Attachment 81230Attachment 81231Attachment 81232

Nice rifle, however I wonder about the butt disc. These were not used, so I'm scratching my head. I hope someone didn't cut it in in its former life. I see the serial on the heel, brass butt plate, English backsight as you mentioned. Is the front band split or solid? Serialed magazine.
Nice nice rifle. You should hang onto it.