Made arrangements to visit North Store Friday morning and arrived about 9 AM. Small crowd of about 10 looking over rifles and ordering. I managed to purchase 4 cans of Greek and did a quick look around waiting for my order to be processed. As always service was great by the guys at the counter and with the Ladies processing orders.

John Kepler showed up at the appointed time of 10 AM, we talked for a good hour when we met outside at the picnic table. Decided to go back in and take a better look at the inventory.

Most all the racks were labeled field grade. However there were a couple of rifles tagged Service Grade. One of them was a M1D in very good condition with a price tag of $3,500. Another was a Springfield Garandicon.

I found a 1903A3 that looked to be a very good shooter. Muzzle crown was like new as was the stock. Sorry I did not bring my gage. Not a mark on it however I do not believe that it was a replacement stock. No markings found inidicating rebuild.

Kepler found a nice S C with what appears to be an original 6 grove barrel. I also found a nice looking Winchester Garand with a Var barrel.

We decided it was time for lunch so we headed out to a place John knew of near by that served up great Bergers but when we arrived, they were closed for the week. We will have to have that lunch another time.

Although the visit was short, we had a great time and expect to do it again.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.