As you are aware I have just brought a Ducati 848 that has a Power Commander III Termignoni system & quickshifter.
It has the same tank a 15.5L as the other models (This ones fibreglass!) I have only put about 800K's on it since last Thursday and here is what I am asking;
On Saturday we were out and I got the fuel light at 153 Klms thats a little concerning so I fueled up and we carried on thankfully my wife and I went where fuel stops were fairly close together.

I decided today to conduct a test as when I filled the bike up before I did it on the side stand however in todays test I sat on the bike keeping it vertical, did a circuit run of 146 Klm's and filled up at the same pump again astride on the bike.

The 146 Klms I did on 7.3 liters of 98 octane which equates to 20Klm/Ltr so was I missing out on fuel space by not having the bike vertical and for a Ducati is 20Klm/Ltr good mileage sat on 110 - 120 klm/Hr with a few very short high speed runs @ 600mtrs

I get 300Klm out of my Blackbird before the fuel light comes on but that has a 24Ltr tank your input would be appreciated. TIA
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.