Last On
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Real Name
    Steve
    Local Date
    06-12-2024
    Local Time
    03:56 AM
    The urban areas will have big problems here with unrest. The general concern everywhere else is that they will soon migrate out thinking they will take what they want from who they can get it from and that isn't going to go very well. The rural areas are extremely well armed. Of course this is all Stephen King novel fodder. Doubt it will come to that. I am not a prepper so to speak but we have two freezers full of food and semi-stocked pantrys. Just the way I grew up. Obviously well armed although 60 different calibers isn't the best to organize.

I just checked on the availability of ammo this evening. The cheapest bulk 5.56 Nato ammo is 10 cents more per round than it was last night when I bought it. Not really that the price went up, it's just that all the cheaper dealers are sold out. A local small shop is now cutting hours, the background checks are running an hour now and they caught two people trying to buy that couldn't pass the check today. They stopped selling ammo unless you are purchasing a gun. They have plenty of guns. The ammo with gun policy is because if they keep selling ammo, guys buying guns won't have any and that just makes their expensive purchase a fancy paperweight.

It's still calm however. People are not screaming in protest, I see kids playing in their yards, a lot of people walking their dogs, etc. Nothing dramatic happening in the news.

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to Aragorn243 For This Useful Post: