This is a more generalized question but hopefully someone can assuage my overthinking...

I’m not a complete beginner when it comes to reloading as I’ve been doing it for a few years but at the same time being military with deployments mixed in I’m not as experienced as I should be. Anyway, I was reloading .303 Britishicon today using a Forester Ultra Micrometer searing die I recently acquired in conjunction with a Hornady OAL Gauge to seat the bullet based on the ogive. Using a modified case I measured the depth a few times and based my ogive seating depth of 2.344 off the average. Even with the Forester die my seating depth measurement varied anywhere from a thousandth to a hundredth of an inch (+/-). I realize this isn’t much, but when I trying to work up for accuracy I’d like to eliminate as many variables as possible.

So I guess my question comes down to this, should I actually be seeing any variations in ogive measurement with the Forester die? And if so, how much will the thousandth and hundredth variation effect accuracy/grouping?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.