Hi there, I have a few questions regarding some minor differences with the K98kicon. I know about some of the major changes, such as hardwood to laminate stocks, flat butt plate to cupped, milled trigger guards and floor plates to stamped, “H” style to milled to kriegsmodell barrel bands, 10” to 12.5” cleaning rod, addition of front sight hood, removal of cleaning rods and bayo lugs, removal of bolt disassembly disk, etc. My questions in particular are in relation to two of my Russianicon Capture K98k’s and they are 3-fold.

1) Why does one bolt removal have a red hue to it but not the other? I’m assuming this is something to do with the Russians.

2) Why does one trigger guard have a small hole in it but not the other?

3) Why is one bolt completely round but the other is flat and checkered on the inside? Based on the markings, I want to say the round one is newer, but I can’t find any info on this.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I haven’t been able to find any information on these details anywhere else. Thanks in advance!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.