Thread: My Worse CHICOM SKS purchase ever.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    05-27-2024 @ 11:53 AM
    Real Name
    Bill Baker
    Local Date
    06-05-2024
    Local Time
    03:06 PM

My Worse CHICOM SKS purchase ever.

Back in April 2020, I fell for Classic Firearms AD and sent them the money for a Chinese SKS Type 56 Rifle - Original Military Turn In Rifles. 7.62x39 Semi-Auto W /Spike Bayonet. All totaled with tax and shipping $401.77

This is the WORSE firearm I have ever purchased from an online store nowhere near worth the money. Well, I have purchased rifles in worse condition, but I knew what I was buying, and they were priced accordingly.

What Classic advertised in their AD is deceiving painting the rifles in a positive light and bending the limits of acceptable percentages.

“The same goes for the bluing, however, to a far lesser extent. We have seen some guns with excessive bluing wear, but I would say that is the exception as most of these guns are running 80% plus in the blued department, with many being closer to 100%.”

If “most” and “closer” were a fact, then the rifle I got was that exception because the blue on the SKS I received was 10% and that 10% is under the wood as most of the firearm is in the white near to no blue at all. Add that to the stock being garbage, which was expected, with names and words carved or impressed to it, the resale value of this rifle is between $200.00 and $250.00, and that is ONLY because it does have matching numbers. So the way I look at it, I took a loss of $90.00 to $140.00 on this deal and would not be able to sell the SKS for the price I bought it.

I’m so disgusted with this buy that the SKS is still in the bubble wrap and box, in its cosmolineicon. If the outside if this SKS is any indicator, the inside of this rifle is going to be poor.

I bought this SKS from Classic because my prior purchase of a Romanian Tokarev pistol was fantastic. It was in excellent condition and met the AD’s description.

Will I buy from Classic Firearms Again? Well, that’s the question, I don’t necessarily trust what they write in their AD’s anymore. This is one of the reasons I have not bought one of their Italianicon M91 Carcano Cavalry Carbine they have right now, and I’m trying not to buy another rifle I don’t need. Had I a good experience with the SKS, my guess is I would have purchased the Carcano. Fool me once shame on them, fool me twice shame on me.

I’ll clean it up once I decide if I will reblued or parkerize this rifle, gotta do something or it's going to just sit here in the cosmoline.

Attachment 110783Attachment 110784Attachment 110785Attachment 110786
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by usabaker; 08-26-2020 at 03:48 PM.
    Veteran US Navy Seabees - US Army Corps of Engineers - American Legion Post 0867
    " Only two defining forces have offered to die for me. 1.) Jesus Christ 2.) The American G.I. "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom! "