I have a Lithgowicon no.1 Mk3 that is giving me some issues. It has a new (previously unissued surplus barrel) headspace is good and the stock is previously unused Slazenger wood. So essentially it's a newly built rifle. Forend is fitted nice and tight, nose cap is fitted well, mainstream is tightened well, buttstock is tightened, but it has a weird shot group. I've tried PPU, MEN 83, Remington, Hornady SST, and a few other types of ammo. The best have been the surplus Germanicon MEN 83 and Hornady SST, both shoot the same pattern. In a 3 shot group the first shot will hit around center of the target, 2nd shot will jump high and right about 3" and the third will hit low and left of center about 3" or about 6" low and left of the 2nd shot. It will repeat this pattern over and over with slight but not much variation. Weather is 70 degrees, stock is unbedded and RLO was used to finish the stock. This has been shot from a supported position with time for the barrel to cool between shots. Recoil lugs have good equal contact, bolt lugs have good equal contact. Crown is good. Has anyone had a very predictable shot pattern like this? Is the barrel just taking a bit to break in? Is there something I'm missing in how the forend is adjusted? My BSA Dispersal that isn't fitted nearly as well shoots tighter.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.