I inherited my father's Colt M1911A1 Ser#736xxx (last year in the patent list is 1913) which makes it 1941 manufacture.

As near as I can tell it is complete, all original matching parts with the exception of the grips which were replaced in the field with home-made wood grips as the plastic ones broke (this was a field sidearm in Korea). The serial number on the slide is the same as the frame. The underside of the barrel is marked with a small "G" just in front of the link. The side of the chamber portion is marked "Colt 45 Auto". Finish is parkerized though the grip screws and barrel seem to be blued. Has the "R.S." in a square inspection stamp for Colonel Robert Sears on the left side of the Frame.

Other than a tiny bit of rust pitting at the edge of the ramp/chamber (it chambers and ejects without problem) and finish wear on the front half of the barrel it appears to be in good condition. The lands are clean and shiny.

I was wondering what it might be worth? (I have a set of original USGI hollow back grips of the correct type/age in transit to replace the old wooden ones.)

M1911A1 Pics
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.