Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    01-19-2024 @ 10:59 AM
    Local Date
    05-30-2024
    Local Time
    05:56 PM
    I have been working on a number of them here in Manitoba. I found it difficult to find authorative references, compared to stuff that was written about M1917's, but have been going mostly from Charles Stratton's book. Regarding "matching" - the barrel, the receiver, the bolt and the rear sight have identical serial numbers originally, when they left the factory. I have an "E" (Eddystone) cut down stock that also has the last digits of the receiver stamped in the barrel channel. Not seeing those numbers in 5 other cut down stocks here - those 5 all have finger grooves, so are likely "W" or "R" stocks - not enough left for me to know for sure. Then have the Mk.1 and Mk.1* versions made when new. Then have the Wheedon overhaul. Then have the WWII rebuild program in U.K. Much is written and documented about how many parts from one maker and another were not interchangeable - to the extent that Britainicon adopted them as three different rifles. It makes for an interesting hobby to read and understand how each was different - as posted above, though, very, very difficult to find any complete P14 stock set here in Canadaicon, and then to go with the appropriate metal parts - they were not all the same!!!!

2. Thank You to Potashminer For This Useful Post:

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE