Quote Originally Posted by CINDERS View Post
So now to throw a crushed crab into the mix, before all else buy different brands of ammo and maybe even tailor some reloads and find what best groups in the rifle me I'd go with option 2 and reloads but it depends on how often you are going to shoot the rifle.
Get the best grouping one and keep that then do the sight -.060 as no use going with changing the sight and finding the dispersion is up sh*t creek at 600yds.
Now here is what I think is the kicker with all this palava trying to get the correlation on the sight ladder to bullet strike with modern pills they just fly flatter so you may get the impact on at 100 but still find your correlation does not match up at say 600 yds. I am interested to see if it all
I see your point and all things being equal, I’d wholeheartedly agree.
The thing is, the maximum range I’ll be shooting at is 100 yards. Once in a blue moon and at a stretch I might even be able to shoot at 300 yards. Anything more is just not available here.
So I would like to shoot the required three inches too high at 100 yards (sight at 200) as that will put the impact on target with a six o’clock hold. For the 300 yard range I might be off, but not by too much, I guess.
That setup would be fine by me.
I’ll use some other brands of ammo, but I doubt they’ll raise the aim by several inches at 100 yards.
Besides, next to self loading (which I don’t do), there is only one other brand available here, so not much choice…
Btw: the groupings are fine. No problem there.

But my main question was if anyone with a UF55 serial Lee Enfield No.4 MkII experienced that same problem?
I guess these aren’t too common here?