Today @ 08:39 AM
    Real Name
    Steve
    Local Date
    06-05-2024
    Local Time
    11:46 AM

Rifle Team update

Getting down to the end of the season. We are having a so, so season. Staying competitive but losing matches we should be winning and now running up against three tough teams at home to finish out. I hope we have a winning season. We will break even at worst.

They started out very well but I have seven seniors, senioritis set in and they can't stay consistent.

Some highlights. In a match last week, one of my shooters, a small girl, was under a minute with one shot left. Not a problem but she pulls the trigger on an empty rifle with 37 seconds left. She quickly loaded, got the final shot off and it was a 10. The other coach congratulated her. Same girl the next afternoon in practice and this is a wild one.

I have several kids, all girls, that have problems getting done in time. They have 15 minutes and they use all of it. In practice, I had all two of them and a third that usually doesn't have a problem shooting very slow. The one I'm constantly coaching through her time prodding her to move faster and I was doing so with her this day. They were shooting double targets which they have 20 minutes to complete. All three were still on the second targets sighters with 3:30 to go. I told all three to start. 2:00 minutes and all three still have six targets to go. This is a major problem for girl 2, nothing for girl 1 and slight issue for girl 3. So I concentrate on 2, ignore 1 and only half pay attention to 3. 2 gets on pace, 1 is fine and I check 3, She fired her 5th shot with 57 seconds left. I figure this is lesson time because she's going to lose 10 points for each target not shot. So I'm yelling out times, not giving her sight corrections because there's no time and the bugger is firing and reloading so fast I'm reminded of a cowboy in a western movie shooting the bad guys. She actually finished with 2 seconds to spare and not only that, SHE SHOT A 100 ON THE TARGET, PERFECT. Never saw anything like it. This is only the second 100 she's ever shot. Kids can do some weird things.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to Aragorn243 For This Useful Post: