I have a bunch (2000) 1940 dated Germanicon MG ammo that is rusted and I have been reclaiming the powder and bullets, duplicating their loading with Winchester brass & CCI mil. spec primers to use in my gas operating 8mm semi rifles. Local MG guy gave me 3-4000 rnds of Egyptian he claims is 80% duds. I pulled one of them down to take a look at the powder and the bullet. The bullet appears to be 180 gr compared to the German one of 196. The powder LOOKS exactly like the German. Some various other 8mm duds I have pulled down have little sticks or black pepper fine powder and I pitch all of that & reuse only the bullets. Never have many of them anyway.

Question is, is there any way to find out if the German & Egyptian powders are the same??? Sure would be handy to be able to put it all in the same container rather than to have so many seperate ones.... I load for 8-10 or so calibers.... PJH heckinohio@att.net
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.