I was given a carbine by my dad yesterday and I'll be the first to admit I don't know Jack about them. I've been in the Military for 23 yrs so I know about modern weapons but this lil' carbine looks like my M14icon in operation so I was able to field strip it to get the info off it.
Inland
6779XX
Rec bottom-BI M upside down 2 and 1 along the bottom, frt lug has 6 stamped on bottom
Rear sight-H in a shield on right side,M or W on frt sight base behind sight blade
Barrel- INLAND MFG. DIV GENERAL MOTORS 8-43
Trigger group- right side- BE-B M with a line under it on mag release. 79XX on back end, WA on hammer,SW on sear?, LGKNO 1645 on bottom of assm. round bolt with A.T.H ?? on side lug and 79XX electro penciled on top. Charging handle-79XX on side, UN-Q inside,bayo lug-EM-Q on bottom,MMQ on band near sling mount.
Wood-ghost of Ord crest on R side,Q-RMC over 79XX in sling recess and a small 98 stamped on L side. Hand guard-4 rivets,10 and 79XX stamped on inside edges.
OK, that's what I could find. Guess it's WWII maybe rebuilt. Looks MINT,zero wear or damage to wood. It's got a dark black park ?? metal finish. What do I have??? Thanks Guys!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.