WOW !!! never thought i would get the opportunity to own one of these. buddy-o-mine is a gunsmith and this one looks and shoots real nice. from appx '40/'41 no dents or dings and its ready to go. Question...... i already have a m77 in '06 and have successfully reloaded for that, including the so-called "light loads" for this old weenie. but with the garand i know the loads have to be back up there for it to function properly. how much higher ? those of you reloading for this venerable war horse, any quirks i should suspect or know about? would use it occassionally just to get the nostalgia out of it. would plink, target shoot, but not serious enough to call it match competition. figuring on staying around 150-165 gr bullets. the chance to own this piece of history......to see if it really was what ole blood & guts called the most important weapon of ww2, has me drooling once again, even though i swore i would never go back to full loads again. what do you all think....should i go for this ?????? Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.