Last On
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Real Name
    Bill Hollinger
    Local Date
    05-27-2024
    Local Time
    04:35 PM
    I moved up here July first. I have got to say this was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Getting out of a state that in no way has mt best interest in mind was a no brainer. I've heard lots of excuses from lots of people as to why they won't or can't leave. Excuses like my kids, my grandchildren, my family. I totally understand that and respect it. However, I had my daughter up here for a week and she fell in love with it and wants to come back. I have my stepdaughter and grandson up here now and they love it. For a person who has a career job, that decision is a tough one but at what point does a person say enough is enough??? I have found in my life that if I'm camped out near a hornet's nest and keep getting stung then one of two things must happen unless I want to keep getting stung; either I pull up stakes and camp somewhere else or destroy the nest. Well, I can't destroy the nest so I pulled up stakes.

I didn't pin the plug, they pulled it for me. Eight years on SWAT, too many fights with crooks finally took its toll. I've had four surgeries on my left knee. Three to repair tears in cartilage and the last was for a total knee replacement. That replacement was done January 16, this year. Cal-Pers notified me March 22, this year that I was no longer welcome and had to leave. After a combined total of nearly 30 years in law enforcement I was ready. I had been looking up in this area for two years because I fell in love with it 25 years ago. Christine still has to work (bless her heart) and was able to secure a transfer to PBSP in Crescent City so it worked out perfect. The timing could not have been better. She was ready to blow the pop stand also.

So here we are, enjoying the life we have made for ourselves. The beach is literally feet from the door. Deer and elk abound, so far the weather has been great (no gawd awful raining and cold as most believe for the area) and the best neighbors in the world. He and I got into trap shooting a couple of months back and now I'm hooked! Life is SO good!
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Bill Hollinger

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our problem!"

2. Thank You to Bill Hollinger For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread