Quote Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
shouldnt be a safety issue.
however, the steel on the receiver ring will be raised from the heat, it should be faced.
personally id send that one pack and ask for one with a cleaner cutoff area.
or better one thats not been hacked on.
that looks like hell.
A3,s are 2.5% nickle steel, and surface hardened, are DP rifles unsafe??well, i no longer work on them for customers, not from the safety factor, mostly from the scamming factor.
i had a man bring me a 1903A3 to my table at a show to ask what i thought of it.
told him it was a recevered drill rifle, and he asked how i knew?
im the one that recovered it, for a man that was said to be making himself cheap shooters.
it was being advertised as a standard A3 at 650.00..that was the last DP rifle i did for a customer..
i personally own a few recovered DP rifles, they shoot well, and look great, i dont plan on selling them, and just shoot them.
and some have some great history.
yet to have a DP A3 with headspace issues.
i've heard about quite a few guys restoring drill rifles. mine is basically surplus new, as every part other than the receiver i bought only because they were new. my barrel .005 short and needs to be reamed and once i have this done by a proffesional (lacking funds to do so) i won't worry about headspace as it will be corrected when the barrel is installed i just cant get the heat treatment problem out of my mind
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.