I just joined this forum. Well, I have been a member for some time now but on Dick's old forum. For some reason people on AOL had a terrible time trying to post a message back then. So I didn't post many messages. This new forum , Military Surplus Collectors, doesn't seem to have that problem now. So now I might be able post messages w/o any problems.

The main reason for this post is to let you guys know if you have a problem or just a question on metal finishing feel free to email me w/them. I'd be more than glad to help you out if I can. I have been a metal finisher for well over 35 years now so I have managed to learn a little something about metal finishing.

I can help you out on polishing...metal finishing....and most of your metal prep questions. I do have some knowledge on plating.....copper, nickel, chrome and a little bit about electroless nickel & stripping them also. I'm not knowledgeable in blueing though so I wouldn't be any help there.

Due to a recent divorce and having to relocate to a residential neighborhood I had to give up my 01 FFL. I won't be doing any more gun refinishing for customers now but I'm about ready to retire anyway so it really doesn't matter. I'll still have a C&R FFL for my personal needs. I'll still do some polishing but not anything like a full time job anymore.

I just thought I'd share w/you guys if you ever need it. So if you have questions on what good buffers are out there. Or maybe you might want to know what type or grit of polishing compounds to use on what different metals...... what are the correct buffing pads to use and when to use them for whatever metal your trying to buff. Also where to buy some of these materials. Although I bought most of my compounds, pads and sanding belts in quantity there are a couple of places out there that sell polishing supplies in small lots.

Email me here or at my personal address. But I guess here would be the best cause someone else could have the same question as you. I'll do my best to help out if I can.
Regards,
Steve Para
( It was Para's Polishing but now it's just Steve)
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.