A poster on another site is claiming (if I understand correctly) that the U.S. Army proof tested each and every bringback Japaneseicon rifle, not only those taken from depots but those captured in battle as well. He says that there was a proof certificate issued and a proof mark with the letters "VJ" stamped in the barrel. He further says that Japanese rifles are dangerous and that ones without that U.S. Army proof should not be fired as they may blow up.

I have, shall we say, reservations about all that, as I knew dozens of vets who brought back Japanese rifles and never heard of such a thing, nor have I ever seen it mentioned in any books, or on this or any other gun forum. I have never seen such a proof mark or such a proof certificate. The poster seems serious and claims to have all kinds of evidence, but had not posted any as of the last time I checked.

But even though I am skeptical, I am always willing to be "eddykated". So I would appreciate any info on what must have been a massive program, involving hundreds of thousands of military personnel, yet seems to have been totally invisible.

Thanks, Jim
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.