Quote Originally Posted by Salt Flat View Post
Warpspasm, Mark out where the cuts will be made using a super sharp pencil or very fine sharpie. Use a fine blade to cut. Mark out the area to be relieved where the handguard goes over the receiver. Use a rotary sanding drum to slowly remove material, checking fit over and over until its right. Or you could use a small gouge to remove the material. Go slow, check often. Really it will be easy. You can make the spring clips from steel tubing or I'm sure you can find some online. Rivets are avilable at most hardware stores. When in doubt make a practice piece for like the riveting so you don't split that hand guard. Salt Flat
I've been looking online for the spring clips, but have had zero luck finding any. I wish I had a handguard that had one, so I can see what they're supposed to look like and how thick they are. I read somewhere that they don't have to be spring steel because they slide over the barrel as opposed to snapping on. I can't figure out how you can rivet them to the wood handguard without cracking it. I looked online for a video of someone doing something similar, but no luck there either. Gorilla Glue maybe??