Posted on CGN ....

German k98 fs or trade (click here)

If you can't view the advertisement, it's probably due to the fact that you have to subscribe to the EE (Equipment Exchange) forums on CGN, in order to view them, or the ad has been deleted.

Seller says:

Hi, I found some of my trade items, so this is now for sale. It is a BYF42, shows wartime wear and use, most metal finish on the rifle has worn, overall I would rate at good condition at best. The metal looks to have been exposed to the elements. THIS IS NOT AN RC OR YUGO CAPTURE K98icon, NOTHING IS PEENED OR RESERIALED HERE. It needs a new extractor put on, there is a small screwhole on the stock where the sling keeper sits (likely to hold a different type of sling), and may have seen a coat of varnish. It is all matching except the bolt, reportedly a bringback but I have no documentation of this. If you are looking for mint, this is not it, but if you want an original non captured and matching piece minus bolt, here you go. I was going to deactivate this for display, but decided to leave it alone. $600 shipped or trade for an M1icon carbine, Arisakaicon 99 (MUM intact), or wartime Garand. -Please pm me if interested, thanks,
Joe
Regards,
Badger
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.