Quote Originally Posted by snapperm1c View Post

So what I'm saying is, unless examples of correct and fakes are placed side by side, and errors pointed out, there really is no information flow.

SN1
Perhaps the link below is a long winded response, but the short version is that the only way to not educate those that you are trying to thwart is that each individual has to do a great deal of work to figure it out themself, just like the "experts" did. We, (if I may) all made it up as we went along - why not you? Some ideas are good some aren't - most of them are not new. But to keep ahead in this cat and mouse game, most folks have realized the value of keeping their "cards close to their vests", so to speak ... Not to say that ideas are not shared and that there is not "information flow", it is just not flowed on the Internet any more.

Back in the day it was truly nasty. To call the posts on these subjects merely "vitriolic" is understating it by a long shot. Believe it or not, I actually had counsel (yes, an attorney and fellow collector) review some of my posts before I posted them! He told me I was insane to continue, but continue we did - all of us.

This is my response as to why information does not flow freely (at least here on the Internet any more (sorry)) and what those concerned need to do about it for themselves ...;

http://www.bulletinboards.com/TreeMs...UseNoFrame=yes

Best regards all.